Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Guilty Pleasure 2….80’s and 90’s Pop Music


Guilty pleasures...we all have at least one.  I admit I have a whole lot of them that I indulge...and then tell people about it afterwards. 

Today, I was doing a little spring cleaning and to get in the mood I pulled out some of my CDs and start getting funky with Pat Benetar and Britney Spears.  Yes, I said Britney Spears. “CRAZY!”  LOL.  I had to do it.   

Anyway… 

In the middle of my cleaning today my cousin drops in and busts in the middle of the chorus of Journey’s Don’t Stop Believing.  It was quite amusing.  If you knew my family you would most certainly understand why.  In our family everyone is either gangsta' or very attached to Old School R&B, Jazz, and Hip Hop.  (I'm the odd woman out. ) 

FUFA:  Studies have shown that in hearing people and animals have an emotional connection to music.  So music can help shape a persons emotional state.

So with that said, I say a positive mood setter would be to throw on some throwback music and just chill.   Reminisce about the good old days and sing like nobody can hear you!   Ooh and why not indulge in a tasty treat while you’re at it.  I recommend some Tofutti, which is a prepacked pint of non dairy, frozen desserts. They have chocolate, vanilla almond bark, vanilla, vanilla fudge, better pecan, and chocolate cookie crunch.  YUM!  

 Enjoy your day today!


*키스, 키스*

No comments:

Post a Comment